The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Founded in 1947, shortly after the unveiling of ENIAC (the first general purpose electronic computer), the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), is the world’s oldest and largest educational and scientific computing society.
ACM provides a vital forum for the exchange of information, ideas, and discoveries. ACM is an international scientific and educational organization dedicated to advancing the arts, sciences, and applications of information technology. With a world-wide membership, ACM is a leading resource for computing professionals and students working in the various fields of Information Technology, and for interpreting the impact of information technology on society.
The Cyprus Chapter of ACM
- To promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the science, design, development, construction, languages, management and applications of modern computing.
- To provide a means of communication between persons having an interest in computing.
- To cooperate with other professional groups in the presentation of programs of interest to the Chapter. Read the complete set of the:
- ACM Cyprus Chapter by-laws (.pdf)
- The Cyprus Chapter of ACM meetings and seminars